• You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain!

    Shanghai


    Genre : Thriller
    Runtime : 120 Min (approx)
    Director : Dibakar Banerjee

    Plot
    Shanghai, a political thriller, follows the journey of these unlikely heroes as they come together to find justice in the labyrinth of Indian democracy.

    Review
    Well went for this movie with great expectations. I had read the reviews so was very excited to watch it. I wasn't aware that it was a political thriller initially. So coming to movie. It started of well and got me interested. It was slow but still I liked the concept with what it started. I felt finally another different story from Bollywood. But very soon, it became a big drag and the movie was crawling literally. The script had nothing to tell for most of the length. It kept on crawling till I found people in theater got busy on their phones. But still I felt it was nice and there was interval. Now the latter half was pathetic for me. There was nothing to show. You can judge what will happen and it happens at such a slow pace that you might wanna sleep. The direction was pathetic for me. I liked the concept. Few things are good which shows the internal political matters of small towns of India. Everything they showed was truth but it was not promising. I remember when I watched movies like Rajneeti and was forced to clap in certain sections. I could not feel the same way in this one. The screenplay is utterly boring. I don't want to talk about acts as i could not concentrate due to the weird direction. All I will say is that you can try it if you like the genre otherwise you will sleep it off. I won't say that the movie is pathetic but its below average.

    Can Be Skipped
    4 on 10


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Disqus for AR Movir Reviews

     

    Subscribe via email

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Total Pageviews