• You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain!

    Laddaland


     Genre : Horror
    Runtime : 117 Min
    Director: Sopon Sukdapisit

    Plot
     A family moves to Laddaland after the father is being posted to a new company. But soon they are encountered by a series of paranormal events.

    Review
    I have seen every work of Sopon Sukdapisit. This was the reason that I had a lot of expectations from him again. His earlier works were terrifying. Now Laddaland is a bit different from them. Its actually based on the events that happened in Chian Mai. The movie starts in a pleasant manner and the BGM is really beautiful. Soon after the family moves to Laddaland, things start happening and they are hit by certain bad omens.

    Now I must admit that the very first sudden scene was enough to make me jump. It was not scary but I could feel my heartbeat pacing. Things kept happening and there were a lot of sudden scenes to stir me up. But there is a big problem. Things were emerging out of no where and running into null. I could not link up the events. They just happened randomly and at random times. There was some bit of drama going as well and I think that's pretty much responsible for it. I could not feel a scary environment which should build up in a horror movie especially in a movie directed by someone like Sopon Sukdapisit. There is a whole lot of plot holes in the script. The acts were likeable to me. Direction is lacking which is responsible as well for making this movie just average. On whole I will say that it definitely kept putting chills down my spine but at no point I felt it was scary and creepy. For me, that is an important thing in a horror movie. I dint even liked the climax. It comes out to be just an average movie.

    An Average Horror Flick
    5 on 10

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Disqus for AR Movir Reviews

     

    Subscribe via email

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Total Pageviews