• You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain!

    2012


    Genre : Action | Adventure | Drama
    Runtime : 158 Min
    Director : Roland Emmerich

    Plot
    An epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.

    Review
    The famous Director of Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow fame is back with another End of The World Triumph. Well I did like those two but to watch the same thing it took me some time. Its about the famous Mayan's prediction about the end of the world which is due for 21 Dec 2012.  Therefore it's quite similar to the other two movies plotwise.


    Now Surely what I found nice was that the things started up very soon and the effects were great. I thought it was great to see things soon but I almost forgot about the long runtime of 158 min. It started well but soon things began stretching. I really feel that movies like these which are purely a visual effect treat should be short in length. Things were happening for no reasons and the destruction was too much that it lost its charm soon. John Cusack was fine and the rest of the cast didn't matter much with their mediocre acts. The failed comedy acts was a lowdown with the basic theme and looked foolish while the environment was of panic and havoc. One more thing I liked was how it connected politically which showed quite correctly the possible political conditions if it happened in real. I found that the last half an hour of the movie was good and engaging. So overall I will say that due to some things this can definitely be considered as an epic which it should have been but its not bad at all. I read all the negative reviews but guys its not at all bad. I liked it pretty much. Threw in a couple of brilliant acts and a tight screenplay with a short length this could have been a big one. Do watch it otherwise and you will find it good.
    Definitely a Good One
    7 on 10


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Disqus for AR Movir Reviews

     

    Subscribe via email

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Total Pageviews